Burns Restaurants
Juice JÉSHOOTS/Pexels

Juice.

March 20, 2017

2 kids burned by drink at Lancaster buffet are released from hospital

LANCASTER, Pa. — Officials say two children severely sickened after drinking what they believed to be apple juice at a Chinese buffet have been released from a Pennsylvania hospital.

The 10-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl were taken March 3 to Penn State Hershey Medical Center after their mouths and throats were burned at the Star Buffet & Grill in East Lampeter Township near Lancaster.

Hospital officials said the boy was treated and released, and the girl was in good condition Friday. On Sunday, a spokeswoman said she was no longer listed as a patient.

Police said Department of Agriculture tests indicated that the store-bought juice wasn't the cause of their injuries.

The department referred questions to police, who haven't commented further. Authorities have since closed the restaurant, citing possible building code violations.

Must Read

Escapes

Limited - Stokes Bay Kangaroo Island

Explore Australia: Reef, Beach & Kangaroos, up to $1900 Off

Limited - St James Club and Villas Antigua

$292 & up -- Hidden Caribbean: Rare All-Inclusive Stays

Welcome to Virginia sign

$35 & up -- Virginia Deals Through Spring, Save up to 35%

**
Listed by
Some taxes, fees additional.