February 16, 2017
Bluebird Distilling in Phoenixville will host a celebration of hip-hop on Tuesday, Feb. 21. The distillery will play iconic hip-hop albums and serve drinks inspired by the music as part of the Turntable Tuesday series.
On the second Tuesday of each month, in the ongoing collaborative series between Bluebird Distilling and Deep Groove Records, the distillery hosts a theme night.
This month’s installment will focus on the birth and evolution of hip-hop. The playlist for the evening (in order) includes:
• Lightnin' Rod - "Hustler's Convention" (1973)
• Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - "The Message" (1982)
• Run DMC - "Raisin' Hell" (1986)
• Eric B. & Rakim - "Paid in Full" (1987)
• N.W.A. - "Straight Outta Compton" (1988)
• Dr. Dre - "The Chronic" (1992)
While listening to the albums, Turntable Tuesday attendees can sip on cocktails inspired by the music.
“For the menu this month, I wanted to showcase different techniques and styles of cocktails, as these artists showcase the evolution of the craft of hip-hop music," Matt Giarratano, Bluebird Distilling's bar manager, stated in a press release.
Here are the themed drinks for the evening:
• Café Black Rose ($12) - made with Bluebird four-grain bourbon, coffee liqueur and cherry-vanilla syrup
• She’s Fresh ($9) - made with Bluebird vodka, cucumber syrup and lime juice
• Rum Raisin’ Hell ($12) - made with Bluebird dark rum, raisin syrup, black walnut bitters and lemon peel
• Banana is on the Cut ($11) - made with Bluebird sugarcane rum, coconut rum, banana crème liqueur, POG juice, lime juice and nutmeg
• Negroni with Attitude ($13) - made with Bluebird juniperus gin, orange-clove liqueur and Sanbitter soda
• 800 Millionaire ($12) - made with Bluebird rye whiskey, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, cinnamon-clove syrup and egg whites
Tuesday, Feb. 21
5-11 p.m. | Pay-as-you-go
100 Bridge St., Phoenixville, PA