March 20, 2017
The Philadelphia Burlesque Festival will return April 6-9. For the third year, burlesque performers from around the world will showcase their talents in Philly.
On opening and closing night, there will be intimate cabaret-style performances at Franky Bradley's. Other performances will take place at Plays & Players Theatre.
The 2017 headliners include:
• Poison Ivory - Hailed as the "Queen of Burlesque"
• Mr. Gorgeous - Known for his comedic approach to burlesque
• Kitten and Lou - Dynamic duo
• Red Rum - Loves unusual, theatrical costumes
• Jeez Loueez - One of the most memorable personalities of modern burlesque
New to the festival this year is the Sparkle Market, a pop-up where unique clothing, burlesque accessories, one-of-a-kind artwork and jewelry will be sold. The market will be at 114 Market St. from noon to 6 p.m. on April 9.
Tickets for the festival are available online.
Thursday, April 6 through Sunday, April 9
$33-$125 per person
1320 Chancellor St.
Plays & Players Theatre
1714 Delancey Place
Philadelphia Burlesque Academy
2400 E. Cumberland St.