September 14, 2016
If you consider yourself a foodie, there are no shortages of quality restaurants to choose from in Philadelphia.
OpenTable released a list Wednesday of the 100 Best Restaurants for Foodies in America and seven local eateries made the cut.
The City of Brotherly Love and New York City tied for most restaurants on the list.
The online reservation company used more than 5 million reviews from verified diners between Aug. 1, 2015, and July 31 to rank restaurants nationwide.
Here are the seven Philly restaurants that made the list (listed alphabetically):
• Bibou, located at 1009 South 8th Street in Bella Vista
• Talula's Daily-Secret Supper Club, located at 208 West Washington Square in Society Hill
• Talula's Garden, located at 210 West Washington Square in Society Hill
• Townsend, located at 1623 East Passyunk Avenue in South Philly
• Vernick Food & Drink, located at 2031 Walnut Street in Center City
• Vetri, located at 1312 Spruce Street in Center City
• Zahav, located at 237 Saint James Place in Society Hill
Thanks to Philly's strong showing on the list, Pennsylvania was the third-most represented state with eight entries. California topped the list with 17 spots, while New York had nine.
Bolete Restaurant in Bethlehem was the other Pennsylvania restaurant on the list.
To be eligible for consideration, restaurants needed a certain number of reviews. The list was sorted by average overall score in the "fit for foodies" category.