January 21, 2016
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 12 for 12. Real talk.
Your possible answers are:
Gwenne Baile, chairwoman of Camden County Chickens; Hon. James DeLeon, Philadelphia municipal court judge; Mike Dunn, deputy communications director for Mayor Jim Kenney; Vince Fenerty, executive director of the Philadelphia Parking Authority; Matheson Glass, guitarist for Queen of Jeans; Google Trends result for top career search in New York State; Addison Lilholt, Green Woods Charter School science teacher; Kevin O'Brien, project manager for SEPTA’s Key program; Jim Schwartz, Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator; William Stallwood, Philly Game Forge founder; Tabitha West, cousin of man killed fleeing car wreck; Nick Williams, Phillies outfield prospect.
1. "At this point, it is all about being prepared [for a winter storm]."
2. "It’s actually way more successful to have 30 balls in the air, so that when 10 of them drop, you’re still good."
3. “There are so many insects on earth and, by mass, there are more insects on earth than people. They’re really the ones running the planet here."
4. “What does [a 12-year-old having a child but no parenting training] say about society?”
5. “We were just hanging out in my attic singing these parts over and over until we got them.”
6. “We don’t want someone to think it is time to make soup and the neighbor children to see.”
7. “We want to attack, we want to knock back.”
8. "He walked his dogs and someone came up and emptied a handgun into him."
9. "It can serve as a bank account if you don't have a bank account.”
10. “Professional cuddler.”
11. “People always say they want to live at the beach, but when you’re at the beach you really don’t go to the beach. It’s always going to be there.”
12. "I didn’t want him to die with people thinking the worst of him. I wanted to let the world have a clearer notion of who he was as a person.”
10. Google Trends