December 02, 2016
Holiday food is typically decadent, but the French really take it to the next level.
“My wife is French, and her family expects us to eat dozens of oysters and escargot, plus two types of foie gras -- both duck and goose -- and that’s just the Christmas Eve appetizers!” Peter Woolsey, chef/owner of Bistrot La Minette, said.
The prix-fixe menu is $65 per person, with an optional $35 per person wine pairing.
Guests will celebrate Christmas early with a lavish five-course meal:
• Huîtres a la Crème Fume - five oysters with smoked bacon cream and chives
• Velouté de Cèpes et Topinambours - porcini and Jerusalem artichoke soup with foie gras crouton and watercress
• Coquilles St-Jacques à l’Américaine - seared scallops with white asparagus, wild mushrooms, frisée and lobster sauce
• An optional mid-course Trou Normand - apple sorbet (an extra $7)
• Tournedos de Chevreuil Sauce Chasseur - bacon-wrapped venison loin with pommes duchess, crispy Brussels sprouts and sauce chasseur
• Buche de Noel - almond jaconde Yule log with chestnut buttercream, caramel ice cream and meringue
Guests can also add 3 ounces of foie gras (for an extra $11) or truffle supplements (subject to availability) to any course of their choosing.
Thursday, Dec. 15 through Friday, Dec. 30
Reservations begin at 5:30 p.m. | $65 per person
Bistrot La Minette
623 S. Sixth St.