November 07, 2017
After a three-touchdown performance against the Denver Broncos on Sunday, Philadelphia Eagles running back Corey Clement was nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week.
The nominees are as follows:
• Corey Clement, Eagles: Clement carried 12 times for 51 yards and 2 TDs, and he caught one pass for a 15-yard TD.
• Evan Engram, Giants: Engram had 4 catches for 70 yards and a TD in the Giants' embarrassing blowout loss to the Rams.
• Adoree Jackson, Titans: Jackson had 8 tackles and a pass breakup in the Titans' win over the Ravens. I'm not seeing why he'd be nominated here, unless there just weren't many good rookie performances Week 9.
• Alvin Kamara, Saints: Kamara had 10 rushes for 68 yards and a touchdown to go along with 6 receptions for 84 yards and a TD.
• Christian McCaffrey, Panthers: McCaffrey had 15 carries for 66 yards and a touchdown, as well as 5 catches for 28 yards.
On the season, Clement has 48 carries for 182 yards and 3 TDs. He also has 3 catches for 46 yards and 2 TDs. He has proven to be a nice find by the Eagles during the undrafted free agency phase of the draft.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski.
Like Jimmy on Facebook.
Like the new PhillyVoice Sports page on Facebook.