February 17, 2017
East Passyunk's P'unk Burger has announced five limited-edition shakes, inspired by popular Girl Scout cookies. The shakes will only be available on Saturday, Feb. 18 and Sunday, Feb. 19.
$1 from each shake purchased will go to the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania. Check out the limited-edition shakes below.
• Caramel deLite Cookie Shake – Vanilla ice cream, chocolate drizzle, toasted coconut, caramel, sea salt and Caramel deLites cookie pieces.
• Toasted S'mores Cookie Shake – Vanilla ice cream, Nutella, marshmallow, graham cracker and S’mores cookies.
• Thin Mint Cookie Shake – Vanilla ice cream, fresh mint leaves, crushed Thin Mint cookies and chocolate drizzle.
• Chocolate PB Cookie and Jelly Shake – Peanut butter ice cream, Nutella, grape jelly and crushed Peanut Butter Patties.
• Cinnamon and Shortbread Cookie Shake – Cinnamon ice cream from The Franklin Fountain, vanilla ice cream, crushed Shortbread cookies and cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on top.
All the shakes include Girl Scout cookies purchased from Troop #91297. For those who really love their Girl Scout cookies, the troop will sell boxes from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
All five of the milkshake flavors are available for $8 each with customer’s choice of whole milk, almond milk or soy milk (Note that P'unk Burger is cash-only).
The 21-plus crowd can make theirs boozy after 6 p.m. for no additional charge. Just bring your own booze to add to the drink. Owner Marlo Dilks recommends the alcohol-shake combinations below.
• Caramel deLite Cookie Shake – A dark spiced rum will bring out the vanilla and coconut flavors of this shake.
• Toasted S'mores Cookie Shake – A chocolate whiskey will enhance the sweet marshmallow and chocolate flavors of the s’more.
• Thin Mint Cookie Shake – An Irish whiskey like Tullamore Dew is spicy enough to not be overpowered by the mint in the shake.
• Chocolate PB Cookie and Jelly Shake – A barrel-aged rum will bring out the salty and sweet notes of both the peanut butter and the chocolate. A vanilla or flavored vodka can also add a nice layer.
• Cinnamon and Shortbread Cookie Shake – The slight spiciness and sweet creaminess of RumChata liqueur blends nicely with this shake.
Saturday, Feb. 18 through Sunday, Feb. 19
$8 per shake
1823 Passyunk Ave.