March 06, 2017
Saint Benjamin Brewing Co. will celebrate International Women's Day on Wednesday, March 8, with a special event in its taproom.
Female beer-lovers are invited to collaborate on a new brew with Meredith Megan Williams. She is the assistant brewer at Saint Benjamin and the co-owner of Home Brewed Events.
The home-brewed ale will be named Pink Boots Historic Ale, and when it is ready for bottling in April, all attendees will receive a complimentary bottle.
Tickets for the event are $20. Here's exactly what the fee includes:
• Access to the taproom and brewery
• An ongoing lesson on beer and brewing history, led by Williams
• A chance to participate in the brewing of Pink Boots Historic Ale
• A beer tasting, featuring a wide variety of Saint Benjamin’s popular craft ales and lagers
• A bottle of the day’s collaborative brew
Besides being a creative way to gather together, the event is also a fundraiser for the Pink Boots Society’s Greater Philadelphia Regional Chapter. The organization is dedicated to empowering women in the beer industry.
Members of the chapter will be at Saint Benjamin's taproom early in the day on March 8 to make their own version of Pink Boots Historic Ale. Then, in early April, that version of Pink Boots Historic Ale will be kegged and served in the taproom, with proceeds going to the Pink Boots Society.
Wednesday, March 8
7-9 p.m. | $20 per person
Saint Benjamin Brewing Co.
1710 N. Fifth St.