December 14, 2017
On Friday, Dec. 29, join other yogis at the Philadelphia Museum of Art for a special guided meditation and yoga-filled night.
"Get Your Om On," part of the museum's Final Fridays series, will include workouts, DIY projects and live music.
The program, free with museum admission ($14-$20), runs 5 to 8:45 p.m. Below is the schedule of events.
• Reflect on the past year to create a personalized memoir. An instructor will lead the session at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.
• Learn simple embroidery techniques between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. The repetitive stitching is a relaxing craft.
• There will be a laughter and meditation workshop at 6 p.m. Join in laugh-therapy drills and relaxation exercises. A free ticket after museum admission is required for this activity.
• Vinyasa with John Vitarelli will take place at 6:15 p.m. in the Wallace Gallery. At the same time, Slow Flow with Diana Vitarelli will take place in the Indian Temple Hall.
• Go on a tour through the galleries with Hariprasad Kowtha to find peaceful spaces and partake in exercises designed to rejuvenate mind and body.
• At 7:15 p.m., listen to live music in the Great Stair Hall.
Space is limited for many of the activities, so arrive early to secure a spot. Those who plan on joining in meditation or yoga should bring a mat.
Friday, Dec. 29
5-8:45 p.m. | Free with admission
Philadelphia Museum of Art
2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy