December 10, 2015
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 15 for 15. Real talk.
Your possible answers are:
Jamie Lee Burns, style blogger; Jerry Colangelo, Sixers special advisor to the managing general partner and chairman of basketball operations; John Fetterman, U.S. Sen. Candidate; Lorie Henninger, South Philly resident; Jim Kenney, Philadelphia mayor-elect; Marwan Kreidie, Arab American Development Corp. executive director; Kenneth Maguire, Council for Relationships therapist; Lesean McCoy, former Eagles running back; Jay Jay McGuire, web video creator; Lynn Milligan, Rider University basketball coach; Geoff Nagle, prosecution witness at Kathryn Knott trial; Piergiorgio and Amy Nicoletti, foodies; Michael Nutter, Philadelphia Mayor; Darren Sproles, Philadelphia Eagles running back; and Donald Trump, Republican Presidential candidate.
1. “Donald Trump is a jagoff.”
2. “He's taken a page from the playbook of Hitler.”
3. “He is a crude dope.”
4. "The most common refrain I hear from congregants is that they 'have never felt more proud in being an American and a Philadelphian.'"
5. "I have nothing against him. No hatred. We're not enemies."
7. “She truly epitomizes what it means to be a fighter and is sure to be an inspiration to her new teammates and coaches.”
8. “Everything that ends up in the 'No' pile is either donated to local charities or sold online via eBay.”
9. "Natale without panettone would be considered a sad Christmas indeed."
10. "His face was rather beat up. There was blood on the streets for a couple days afterward.”
11. “When I get the call from the commissioner and get a call from an owner asking, pleading for some help, you know it kind of got my attention.”
12. “I don't want the dog dead — that's not my goal. I love all animals. I want her to be responsible with her dog."
13. “I’m a smart guy, but I’m never the smartest guy in the room.”
14. "I think a good rule of thumb I heard is, 'Never plan ahead longer than the relationship has existed.'"
15. “Steak is for f------ taxpayers."