July 14, 2017
The seventh season of the fantasy-drama series "Game of Thrones" will premiere on HBO on Sunday, July 16, and we already know the highly anticipated first episode is named "Dragonstone."
It's all very exciting, which makes waiting for Sunday evening so excruciating.
To help make the day go by quickly, City Tap House in Logan Square will host a boozy Brunch of Thrones on Sunday morning with GoT Quizzo, dishes inspired by the show's characters and Ommegang GoT beers.
Quizzo with Johnny Goodtimes starts at 11:30 a.m.
The first-place team will receive an Ommegang Swag Basket, including an Ommegang growler, glassware and more, as well as a $50 gift card. The second-place team will receive a bucket of five beers and each member will receive a $10 City Tap House gift card.
While Quizzo teams play, all can enjoy the specialty brunch menu:
• Hound's Chicken and Waffles ($19) — maple syrup, red pepper jam, honey-thyme butter
• Arya's Faceless Fried Oysters ($14) — fine herb remoulade, sweet and sour onions, caper emulsion and peppercress
• Ramsey's Braised Beef Benedict ($16) — buttermilk biscuits, red wine braised short rib, pimento hollandaise and breakfast potatoes
• Theon's Might Be Sausage Pizza ($16) — Parmesan sauce, spicy Italian sausage, guanciale, roasted tomatoes and red onion
• Sansa's Lemon Cakes ($12) — lemon ricotta pancakes, witches stewed berries, honey-thyme butter
Making a reservation for Brunch of Thrones is recommended. Brunch ends at 3 p.m.
Sunday, July 16
11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Pay-as-you-go
City Tap House: Logan Square
2 Logan Square