February 23, 2023
The NFL never stops moving, and though it's been a relatively quiet couple of weeks since the Eagles lost the Super Bowl to the Chiefs, the Birds will be back at it in trying to make it back before you know it.
The window is already open for teams to designate the franchise tag, the scouting combine will begin on Tuesday in Indy – and you know it's always cool to watch the linemen just destroy the bench press – and then free agency will open where Howie Roseman and co. will inevitably be working the phones like crazy (provided they aren't already).
Then there'll be the draft at the end of April, rookie camps, OTAs, until we're finally back at training camp and wondering if this is the Eagles team that will make it back to the top of the mountain and send another parade up the Ben Franklin Parkway.
The NFL never stops and it can be a lot to keep up with at times. So here's a handy guide full of key dates and resources to keep you up to speed over the next couple of months:
• 4 p.m. ET: Teams are open to designate franchise tag.
• NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis.
• College pro days begin.
• In-person and video/phone interviews with draft-eligible players begin.
• 4 p.m. ET: Deadline for clubs to designate franchise tag.
• Free agency negotiating period (beginning at noon ET on March 13 and ending at 3:59 p.m. ET on March 15).
• Eagles pending unrestricted free agents (20 in total):
|Offense (8)||Defense (11)||Special Teams (1)|
|T Andre Dillard||CB James Bradberry||P Brett Kern|
|C Jason Kelce||DT Fletcher Cox|
|QB Gardner Minshew||LB T.J. Edwards|
|WR Zach Pascal||S Marcus Epps|
|RB Miles Sanders||S C.J. Gardner-Johnson|
|RB Boston Scott||DE Brandon Graham|
|G Isaac Seumalo||DT Javon Hargrave|
|TE Tyree Jackson*||DT Linval Joseph|
|DE Robert Quinn|
|DT Ndamukong Suh|
|LB Kyzir White|
*Eagles can retain negotiating rights with minimum salary tender
• Teams must exercise 2023 contract options prior to 4 p.m. ET.
• Qualifying offers for restricted free agents must be submitted prior to 4 p.m. ET to retain a right of first refusal/compensation.
• Minimum salary tenders must be submitted to players with less than three accrued seasons of free agency credit prior to 4 p.m. ET to retain negotiating rights.
• Teams must be salary cap compliant prior to 4 p.m. ET.
• 2023 league year begins at 4 p.m. ET. Trading and free agency open.
• League meeting in Phoenix.
• Teams with new head coaches may begin offseason workouts.
• Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workouts.
• Deadline for teams to test, visit, interview, or conduct a physical of draft-eligible players at their own facility.
• Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.
• Deadline for teams to exercise right of first refusal on restricted free agents.
• Deadline for teams to test, visit, interview (remote or in-person), or conduct a physical of draft-eligible players from any location.
• 2023 NFL Draft, Kansas City.
• Eagles draft picks:
|1||10 via NO|
|7||221 via HOU|
• Deadline for teams to send "May 1 Tender" to any of its unsigned unrestricted free agents.
• Deadline for teams to exercise fifth-year options on 2020 NFL Draft selections.
• Window for teams to host rookie camps.
• Spring league meeting (location TBD).
Follow Nick on Twitter: @itssnick
Like us on Facebook: PhillyVoice Sports