The Oval on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will return for the 2016 summer season on July 15. The pop-up park is free to attend and features special events that include games, live music, movie nights, performances and workshops, as well as a rotating lineup of food trucks and a beer garden.
On opening day, the food truck lineup, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., will be Chef Johnny Bravo’s Surf & Turf, Mucho Bueno, The Tot Cart, Local 215 and Lil Pop Shop. The movie "Pitch Perfect" will be screened at 9 p.m., with DJ entertainment before.
Hours at The Oval:
• Wednesdays (Wellness Days) from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Thursdays (Arts & Culture Days) from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Fridays (Food & Flicks Days) from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Saturdays (Game Days) from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Sundays (Family Fun Days) from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Beer garden hours at The Oval:
• Wednesdays through Fridays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• Saturdays from noon to 10 p.m.
• Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
The week of the Democratic National Convention
, July 24 through July 29, there will be different hours. The park will be open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Plus, the beer garden will be open the entire week as well and will feature Ales of the Revolution from Yards Brewery.
Day-by-day details and a daily schedule of events can be found on The Oval's website
Friday, July 15 through Sunday, Aug. 21
Open 11 a.m. Wednesdays through Sundays | Free admission
Benjamin Franklin Parkway