March 29, 2015
Oh, childhood snack memories.
Pizza bagels, pizza rolls, Hot Pockets. Sure, you can still buy those frozen microwavables now, but why would you when there's a much healthier alternative that tastes good and is simple to make?
If you're looking for something to pack for lunch next week, try making your own pizza rollups. You can satisfy your nostalgia without all of the calories and guilt.
• Whole wheat tortilla
• Fresh or shredded mozzarella
• Tomato sauce
• Spinach (or other greens)
• Pepperoni or chicken sausage (meat lovers)
Pizza rollups can be prepped quickly and easily the night before, or morning of, a workday.
• Spread the tomato sauce on the tortilla.
• Add the spinach and cheese.
• Meat lovers can add some pepperoni or chicken sausage.
• Roll it up and pack away in your lunch box.
The pizza rollup is a versatile meal. You can add some variation to your lunches by choosing other common pizza ingredients, like peppers, broccoli or pineapples. You can also mix up your sauce options by using pesto sauce, hot sauce or vodka sauce.
When you're ready to eat, just pop it in the microwave to melt the cheese, slice and enjoy!