January 28, 2016
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 12 for 12. Real talk.
Your possible answers are:
Anonymous bicyclist involved in road-rage incident; Anonymous driver involved in road-rage incident; U.S. District Judge Harvey Bartle III; U.S. Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ); Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ); Cass Duffey, Collingswood’s director of community development; Allison Friedman, hurt in roof collapse; Lane Johnson, offensive tackle, Philadelphia Eagles; Mayor Nick Kappato, Runnemede (NJ); Jim Kingsmill, cemetery caretaker; Suzanne Matlock, former president of the Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild; Karen Verderame, invertebrate specialist, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University.
1. “I don't know what you want me to do, you want me to go down there with a mop?"
2. "This is New Jersey. We've shown that we're stronger than Sandy, now we'll show we're stronger than this storm."
3. “Not everything gets cleared perfectly when you get 15 inches of snow in 24 hours.”
4. “We’re actually seeing a lot more young people doing it than any other county, possibly with the exception of Pittsburgh. It seems the urbanites are doing it more as hobbyists.”
5. “Try it again and I’ll take your f------ eyes out.”
6. “He was just in the right place at the right time to confront me.”
7. “We all looked at ourselves in the mirror. There wasn’t any finger-pointing at each other then – not that early.”
8. “In that moment, I felt that I was losing my life. I thought I was dying right then and there."
9. "I think people are complainers by nature. I know I complain a lot.”
10. "You need to take this matter seriously and think long and hard about your priorities.”
11. “We had a friendly conversation and I followed through. She admits she didn’t follow procedure."
12. “It feels exactly like velvet.”