December 16, 2015
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 12 for 12. Real talk.
Your possible answers are:
Ronald Blount, president of the Taxi Workers Alliance of Pennsylvania; Sam Bradford, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback; Lt. Krista Dahl-Campbell, Philadelphia police community relations unit; Tonnetta Graham, president of the Strawberry Mansion Community Development Corp.; Brandon Jackson, Star Wars fan; Jimmy Kempski, PhillyVoice Eagles writer; Kathryn Knott, defendant in ‘gay bashing’ assault case; Michael Nutter, mayor of Philadelphia; Imam Mohamed Shehata, Al-Aqsa Islamic Society in Kensington; Max Swan, saxophonist and producer; Jakub Voracek, Philadelphia Flyers forward; Deena Weisberg, Ph.D., senior fellow in the University of Pennsylvania’s Department of Psychology
1. “We have to stop this race to the bottom. We do everything that’s been asked of us, and we’re the ones being impacted most.”
2. "I ran toward them because I wanted to make sure no one got hurt.”
3. “Government can’t ask businesses to do something that it isn’t willing to do.”
4. “The reality is that if you have the chance to stalk Stephen A. Smith, and you don't, you're just wasting an opportunity to become a better journalist.”
5. “It’s culturally sanctioned deception.”
6. “Once there is fear, people are not capable of giving. But when there is no fear, good is given.”
7. "This is like our backyard. ... This park is our business, and we are very excited about this."
8. "I want to tell you everything, but I can't because I can't do that, but it was awesome.”
9. “I almost forgot how to celebrate. That’s why I didn’t.”
10. "Obviously, it's great to hear those things, but I don't really think it means a whole lot, and it's not going to change the way I approach things."
11. "Each job is critical in its own right, and we wanted to make sure we acknowledge everyone."
12. "I'm not the type of person that works on things that I don't see all the way through."