May 31, 2016
Perhaps the biggest perk of winning a national championship is the opportunity to go to the White House and meet the president, which is exactly what the Villanova Wildcats did on Tuesday.
Some highlights included:
• President Obama calling Jay Wright "the George Clooney of coaches.”
• Obama butchering Ryan Arcidiacono’s name (which we’ll give him a pass on, seeing as he’s a pretty busy guy).
• Obama taking the time to shout out Josh Hart, who went to Sidwell Friends School in the Washington D.C. area, the same school that his daughter is about to graduate from.
• Obama calling Kris Jenkins “Big Smooth” and underplaying the buzzer beater in the national championship, calling it “a good shot.”
• Wright presenting Obama with the No. 44 jersey, the same one the Wildcats wore back in December at Pearl Harbor.
Crazy experience going to the White House and meeting President Obama! Something i will never forget!— Phil Booth (@Philb_5) May 31, 2016
Welp that was crazy— Kris Jenkins (@bigticket2) May 31, 2016
Follow Rich on Twitter: @rich_hofmann