September 12, 2018
Information regarding the new iPhone models were leaked on Apple's own website Wednesday morning — just hours before the company plans to unveil new products.
Talk about taking the wind out of your own sails.
The iPhone XS, XS Max and XR models were all referenced in code on Apple's website discovered by multiple outlets. Reports say the iPhone XS Max will be the most expensive of the new models, starting at $999; the iPhone XS will start at $899; and the iPhone XR will be $699.
You can livestream the event here.
Apple announcing new iPhones later today #AppleEvent leaks confirms:— Thabo & Thabiso (@ThaboThabiso) September 12, 2018
📱 iPhone XS
📱 iPhone XS Max
📱 iPhone XR
● XS and XS Max colors: Silver, Black, Gold
● XR Color Options: Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Coral#iphonexs #iphonexsmax #iphonexr pic.twitter.com/xMznpta9GD
Right now the leaks suggest the names of the need iPhones will be:— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) September 9, 2018
iPhone Xs Max pic.twitter.com/Srpi5uOiUD
The company is expected to officially release names and details on Wednesday afternoon at its annual event in Cupertino, California. Apple has released new products every September since 2012 at this event. This means a new iPhone could be on the market by the end of this month.
Here's what the tech gurus have found out so far about these new iPhones:
• iPhone XS will be available in a gold color, and be the "S" version of the iPhone X
• iPhone XS Max will a "plus" version of the XS, so it will have a larger screen
• iPhone XR will be a cheaper option, using an LCD-screen instead of OLED
The website code also made mention of new Apple Watch sizes, too. It will be called Series 4 and feature watch bands in wider sizes and more colors.