April 27, 2016
Center City's Drury Beer Garden, located behind the restaurant Opa, is set for the outdoor drinking season. The tents are down and the beer garden is ready to embrace the warm weather. A spring kickoff party will be held on Saturday, April 30, and will feature a complimentary pig roast beginning at 1 p.m. As for what to expect for the rest of the season, we have the details.
A new food and drink menu is making its debut for spring 2016. Find a veggie kabob with eggplant, cherry tomato and red onion, as well as Amish pretzels, Caesar salad wraps, chili-lime popcorn, lamb and chicken gyros and house-made brownie ice-cream sandwiches. New specialty drinks will include raspberry lemonade, sangria, peach bourbon and something called the "IPA'd."
Don't worry, though, if you're thinking, "But a beer garden should serve mostly beer." Drury will have eight rotating beers on tap. There's also a new list of bottles and cans available during the season:
• Victory Golden Monkey (12 ounces), $7
• White Birch Blueberry Berliner Weisse (12 ounces), $6
• White Birch Raspberry Berliner Weisse (12 ounces), $6
• Avery Raja Imperial IPA (12 ounces), $8
• 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon (12 ounces), $6
• Goose Island Green Line (16 ounces), $7
• 21st Amendment Toaster Pastry (12 ounces), $6
• Sly Fox Odyssey Imperial IPA (12 ounces), $6
• New Belgium Citradelic Tangerine IPA (12 ounces), $6
• Best Damn Root Beer (16 ounces), $6
After the initial kickoff, Drury Beer Garden will have two weekly, special happy-hour events.
Every Monday, beginning at 5 p.m., Nintendo 64 and NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) will be set up for guests to play on large, flat-screen TVs. Up to four players can play at a time.
Then, on Tuesdays, from 4-7 p.m., there will be a rotating selection of backyard and street food items for $5 or less, in addition to the regular menu.