November 13, 2021
The Philadelphia Eagles have a few new injuries this week, with CB Avonte Maddox, CB Darius Slay, S Rodney McLeod, DE Josh Sweat, and WR DeVonta Smith all joining the list. The Denver Broncos have a slew of guys on injured reserve.
Here is the Eagles-Broncos injury report, with analysis. We'll update as the week progresses.
|DT Fletcher Cox||Rest||DNP||Full||Full|
|DT Javon Hargrave||Shoulder||DNP||Full||Full|
|CB Avonte Maddox||Knee||DNP||Limited||Full|
|S Rodney McLeod||Neck||DNP||Full||Full|
|CB Darius Slay||Hamstring||DNP||Limited||Full|
|DE Josh Sweat||Concussion||DNP||Limited||Full||Questionable|
|WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside||Ankle||Limited||Limited||Full|
|OT Lane Johnson||Rest||Limited||Full||Full|
|C Jason Kelce||Rest||Limited||Full||Full|
|WR DeVonta Smith||Elbow||Limited||Full||Full|
|OT Andre Dillard||Knee||Full ||Questionable|
• DE Josh Sweat: Sweat was a full participant, so he'll likely be a go on Sunday.
• OT Andre Dillard: If Dillard can't go, Brett Toth will likely elevated from the practice squad.
• RB Miles Sanders (IR): Sanders was carted off against the Raiders in the first game this season that Nick Sirianni appeared to prioritize the run game. Sanders' injury isn't season-ending. He'll likely be out for just a few weeks. The run game has been heavily featured in each of the two games that Sanders has missed.
• DE Brandon Graham (IR): Graham's season is over with a ruptured Achilles. On the field, Graham was arguably the Eagles' best defensive player in 2020. It's clear since his loss that the Eagles miss his contributions as a pass rusher and run stopper, and the Eagles have not been able to adequately replace him. Off the field, Graham has unlimited energy and positivity, and he is a player that you just want to have around if you're a head coach in the NFL.
• RG Brandon Brooks (IR): Brooks suffered a pectoral injury against the 49ers. It's "only" a pec strain, as opposed to a tear, so while he'll likely miss time (about 8 weeks, per Lane Johnson) on injured reserve, it's not a season-ending injury. Brooks got hurt Week 2, so Week 10 will be 8 weeks. Nick Sirianni was asked about Brooks' possible return, but no useful information was given.
• LG Isaac Seumalo (IR): Seumalo was carted off the field in the Eagles' loss to the Cowboys. His season is over after having surgery for a Lisfranc injury.
The Broncos have a boatload of injuries.
|DL McTelvin Agim||Knee||DNP||Limited||Limited||Questionable|
|OT Garett Bolles||Ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|DT Shelby Harris||Illness||DNP||DNP||Limited||Questionable|
|RT Bobby Massie||Ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|TE Albert Okwuegbunam||Knee||DNP||Limited||Limited||Questionable|
|WR Tim Patrick||Knee||DNP||Limited||Limited||Questionable|
|OLB Malik Reed||Hip||DNP||Limited||Limited||Questionable|
|S Caden Sterns||Shoulder||DNP||Limited||Limited||Questionable|
|CB Patrick Surtain||Knee||DNP||DNP||Limited||Questionable|
|WR Kendall Hinton||Shoulder||Limited||Limited||Full|
|OG Dalton Risner||Foot||Limited||DNP||Limited||Questionable|
|DL Mike Purcell||Thumb||Limited||Full||Full|
|RB Mike Boone||Hip||Limited||DNP||Questionable|
|LB Baron Browning||Back||DNP||Limited||Questionable|
|OL Aaron Schlottmann||NIR||DNP|
• LT Garett Bolles: Bolles is the only clearly above average starter on the Denver line. This is a big loss.
• OT Bobby Massie: Starting RT. The Broncos' offensive line will likely look like this:
|Calvin Anderson||Dalton Risner||Lloyd Cushionberry||Quinn Meinerz||Cameron Fleming|
Maybe the Eagles' defensive line will hit the quarterback more than zero times on Sunday.
• CB Patrick Surtain: Ninth overall pick in the 2021 Draft has started 8 games for Denver this season. 8 pass breakups, 1 INT.
• LG Dalton Risner: The Broncos can't afford to be without a fourth starting offensive lineman.
• OLB Malik Reed: Lesser know good player who has 4 sacks in 2021, and who had 8 sacks in 2020.
• WR Tim Patrick: Starting WR. Bigger guy at 6'4, 212. 34 catches for 509 yards and 4 TDs on the season.
• DL Shelby Harris: Harris is probably the Broncos' best D-line run defender.
• LB Baron Browning: The Broncos have a couple of linebackers on IR (shown below), so they are already depleted at LB.
• S Caden Sterns: Rookie role player safety has 2 INTs, 4 pass breakups, and 2 sacks this season on only 107 snaps.
• TE Albert Okwuegbunam: 16 catches, 116 yards, 1 TD on the season.
• DL McTelvin Agim: Backup DL.
• RB Mike Boone: Backup RB.
• Edge Bradley Chubb (IR): Chubb is a former fifth overall pick. He had 7.5 sacks in 2020, but hasn't yet broken out the way Denver would have hoped. He's on IR with an ankle injury.
• RG Graham Glasgow (IR): Starting RG. Glasgow broke his ankle against the Cowboys. He's done for the season. Rookie Senior Bowl standout Quinn Meinerz will likely fill in at RG.
• WR KJ Hamler (IR): Hamler was a 2020 second-round pick out of Penn State. He's a slot receiver with blazing speed who had 30 catches for 381 yards and 3 TDs as a rookie. His season is over with a torn ACL.
• WR DaeSean Hamilton (NFI): 81 catches for 833 yards and 5 TDs from 2018-2020. He has a torn ACL.
• LB Alexander Johnson (IR): Johnson led the Broncos in 2020 with 124 tackles.
• LB Josey Jewell (IR): Jewell was second on the Broncos in 2020 with 112 tackles.
• LB Micah Kiser (IR): The Broncos signed Kiser off of the Rams' practice squad earlier this season. His absence is perhaps only noteworthy because Denver is already down a couple of linebackers. Kiser did have a monster game for the Rams against the Eagles in Philly last season.
• CB Bryce Callahan (IR): Callahan has played in 8 games this season, with 3 starts. He has 4 pass breakups and a sack.
• QB Drew Lock: Lock had a promising rookie season, followed by a bad second season, and now he's the backup quarterback.
• LB Justin Strnad: 9 games, 5 starts. Strnad has struggled when he has played.
• CB Michael Ojemudia: Ojemudia was a third-round pick of the Broncos in 2020. He played in all 16 games, starting 11, with 62 tackles, 6 pass breakups, and 4 forced fumbles as a rookie, He suffered a hamstring injury and hasn't played yet this season.
Like us on Facebook: PhillyVoice Sports
Add Jimmy's RSS feed to your feed reader