December 19, 2019
The Philadelphia Eagles eked out another comeback win over a crappy divisional opponent on the back of a gutty Carson Wentz performance, and we've finally reached the matchup that will decide the NFC East. Brandon Lee Gowton and I recapped the Eagles' win in Landover, and look at what lies ahead for the Birds in BGN Radio episode No. 97.
• Carson Wentz comes up in the clutch again.
• Greg Ward is basically the only wide receiver on the team. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside has as many receiving yards this season as Terry McLaurin had on Sunday, and the Eagles are forced to win with running backs and tight ends.
• The defense made Dwayne Haskins, who isn’t good, look pretty good.
• Kamu Grugier-Hill is done for the year. What's all that about?
• Pro Bowl thoughts: Fletcher Cox (reputation over performance), Zach Ertz, Brandon Brooks, Jason Kelce, and Rick Lovato are in. Lane Johnson snubbed?
• We discuss Dak Prescott's shoulder injury. If he's good to go, the Cowboys are a bad matchup for the Eagles' defense. If he's out -- or seriously hampered -- obviously, that changes things.
• Cowboys defense is suspect (27.7 allowed in last six games … 22nd in DVOA).
• Eagles have never beaten Ezekiel Elliott, and obviously, Amari Cooper has torched them.
• We have a "What do we hate about the Cowboys?" mock draft.
• Our picks: Cowboys (-3) at Eagles … o/u is 46 points
• What do we think happens in Week 17?
Listen below! And here's the iTunes link. Rate review subscribe, etc.
Like us on Facebook: PhillyVoice Sports
Add Jimmy's RSS feed to your feed reader