July 15, 2016
Fogo de Chao, a popular Brazilian steakhouse in Center City, opened a location in King of Prussia on July 21.
Its suburban location is in the King of Prussia Town Center, which is located next to the King of Prussia Mall. A Wegmans supermarket and Ulta Beauty are also in the shopping center.
The restaurant follows Brazilian traditions by roasting meat over an open fire. The cooked meats are then brought around continuously to each table in the restaurant. Diners can feast on as much as they please. An extensive all-you-can-eat salad bar is also available.
Here are the hours of operation:
• Lunch (which will begin on July 22): Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Dinner: Monday through Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m., Fridays from 5 to 10:30 p.m., Saturdays 4 to 10:30 p.m., Sundays 4 to 9 p.m.
• Brunch: Sundays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Happy hour (only available in the bar area): Monday through Friday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
New for fall 2016, the restaurant announced a seasonal menu that features Market Table additions, fall craft cocktails and an updated wine list with 55 selections from South America.
Fogo de Chao fall menu additions (available at both the KOP and Center City locations) include:
• Roasted butternut squash salad – Butternut squash, a winter staple in Brazil, is roasted with cinnamon and honey and then tossed with cranberries and feta.
• Pear & endive salad – Fresh, seasonal pears join julienned purple endive, crumbled blue cheese and candied bacon with pear vinaigrette to round out this seasonally inspired salad.
• Butternut & sweet potato soup – Creamy roasted butternut squash is blended with sweet potatoes and winter spices to make this soup.
• Blackberry azedo (Portuguese for “sour”) – Fresh blackberries are muddled with mint and shaken with Hendrick’s Gin, Crème de Cassis (black currant liqueur) and a house-made lime sour.
• Whisky jam sour – A fresh take on the classic whiskey sour, Fogo’s version includes premium Monkey Shoulder blended Scotch whisky shaken with raspberry jam, orange bitters and a house-made lemon sour.
Opens Thursday, July 21
King of Prussia Town Center
155 W. Main St., King of Prussia, PA