December 05, 2018
Earlier this week, we brought you a highly subjective collection of the almost-best tweets of the 2018. This, because it’s the time of the year when folks are wont to look back at the previous 12 months of their lives and assign it some level of meaning.
Today, however, we dispense with the honorable mention nature of that always-churning social-media site and drill down to what (again subjectively) were 20 of the most memorable Twitter dispatches of the year.
To be fair, it’s all but a certainty that some noteworthy tweets were missed in the process.
It’s also a certainty that you may not agree with some, many or all of these selections. That’s fine. Add yours in the comment section if you think it warrants recognition.
Viewer discretion advised.
Honorable Mention. It's funny because it's true.
People react to anything Gritty does online the same way Lucille Bluth reacts to Gene Parmesan— SmashMike (@Mikelennial) December 26, 2018
20. A new Thanksgiving tradition was born in Philadelphia this year. Thanks, Gritty!
If you leave a little scrap of turkey on your doorstep on Thanksgiving night, Gritty will nibble on it and then punch one of your enemies in the face. That’s canon.— Josh Gondelman (@joshgondelman) November 23, 2018
19. Justin out here owning fools.
There is no shame in coming in second to Kelly Clarkson, but if you compare me to Trump again I will hunt you down and sing the theme to Paw Patrol in your face until I break you do not test me. https://t.co/HG3ZrIe7Rf— Justin Guarini (@JustinGuarini) January 3, 2018
18. This is just really trippy.
what if the caravan is coming here to harm us pic.twitter.com/j6nMaTeLCb— LB classic™️ [calmly]: (@LydiaBurrell) October 22, 2018
17. Mamas, don’t let your babies grow up to be beer-shotgunners. Or do. Who are we to tell you how to raise your children? (Profane audio herein).
Mom your daughter shotguns like a champ, deal with it pic.twitter.com/Rg9mtbtJij— 5th Year (@5thYear) January 9, 2018
16. It takes a village.
This is LOVE. This is EMPATHY. This is HUMANITY.— StanceGrounded (@_SJPeace_) December 9, 2018
Retweet ❤ pic.twitter.com/GDQ9V4o7os
15. Even in heels, Kim’s got a better outside shot than Simmons or Fultz, y’all.
14. That place can’t really be all that secure.
The free antivirus software that comes with your computer— Joey Langone (@JoeyLangone) July 25, 2018
13. Best. Doorbell. Ever.
So my dad bought a new dorbell.— ZADDY LA FLAME 🎪 (@ZAADDYY) April 26, 2018
I’m crying pic.twitter.com/I5Z8lcu67G
12. DMX again? DMX again. (Fair warning: this video's rather vile.)
Someone: That pooping lady at Tim Horton's is the best video today, it can't possibly get better.— Isaac (@WorldofIsaac) May 16, 2018
Me: Oh yeah, let me add DMX. pic.twitter.com/J3q7UtjQDS
10. As if things weren't bad enough for Kevin Hart...
I would’ve stole 2nd and 3rd on this slow ass shit... https://t.co/uhWs0l38Cd— Ice Cube (@icecube) September 13, 2018
9. You really gonna sit there and take this slight, ‘Nova?
Get rejected by Penn.— Clue Heywood (@ClueHeywood) March 28, 2018
8. Not that there’s anything wrong with *checks notes* sucking your passenger’s toes while stopped at a red light.
Yo wtf this dude doing suckin toes in traffic 😂. Without a care in the world. pic.twitter.com/M01Adxb3h7— ern.s3 (@ErnestSIII) August 16, 2018
7. ‘Cause I’m Mr. Briiiiigggghhhhtsiidddde.
some guy in the 7-eleven said “it was only a kiss” into his phone and the other 3 of us in the store all yelled IT WAS ONLY A KISS anyway i think he is gonna be getting divorced soon— Kristen Arnett (@Kristen_Arnett) May 22, 2018
6. All politics are personal.
Men,— MommaT (@tweetmommybop) September 9, 2018
If you don’t think the Supreme Court nomination effects you- I hope you realize -we’re all gonna be too busy protesting and marching to ever find time to fuck you.
5. Living his best life.
Dude just cruised past me riding a lawn chair taped to an electric skateboard while vaping and blasting Jack Johnson. Now I’m questioning all my life choices. pic.twitter.com/VfFlJZKil4— Ashley Lewis (@AshleyJPL) October 18, 2018
4. If you’re anything like me, you’ve never saw a man eating beans directly from a can while dancing through a mosh pit … until you saw this video.
3. Ice. Cold.
2. This whole Thanksgiving-family thread is flat-out incredible.
My uncle on my Italian side got one of the DNA tests done and it turns out they're not Italian and everyone in my family is having a mental breakdown— 💫kissinger better be next💫 (@queenozymandias) November 23, 2018
1. The Birds wouldn’t go on to win Super Bowl 52 for another two weeks, but this moment after the NFC Championship game came to represent the eruptive joy that would consume our unrefined fanbase.
Like us on Facebook: PhillyVoice
Add Brian's RSS feed to your feed reader
Have a news tip? Let us know.