December 24, 2019
The Eagles have won three straight games, people like Carson Wentz again, and the Cowboys' season is on the brink of destruction. For most Philadelphians, it's a fine holiday season, indeed. So let's talk about it.
Brandon Lee Gowton and I recapped the Eagles' win over Dallas, and my daughter made a few Birds predictions, in BGN Radio episode No. 97.5. (We'll have another shorter pod later this week to preview Eagles-Giants.)
• Short recap of her past predictions
• What does she want for Christmas (have to get her going with softballs before asking the hard-hitting stuff)
• Eagles-Giants pick
• Who does she think the Eagles will play in the first round of the Vikings, 49ers, and Seahawks, and why?
• Who will win that game?
• Third straight win in which Wentz played well in the 4th quarter.
• Individual players: Sanders a stud, receivers involved early, Goedert steps up, Ertz plays through pain.
• Slow, plodding offense sustainable after all?
• The defense shut down Zeke, though they were a little lucky on the back end with Dak Prescott being inaccurate, and the Cowboys' receivers dropping passes like Agholor.
• Fresh batch of injuries.
• New concerns: Jake Elliott, Rasul Douglas, and the pass rush?
• The Cowboys’ issues going forward: Jason Garrett soon to be fired, new head coach search, Dak/Amari contract stand-offs. You know, assuming they're done, which we probably shouldn't be doing yet.
Listen below! And here's the iTunes link. Rate review subscribe, etc.
Like us on Facebook: PhillyVoice Sports
Add Jimmy's RSS feed to your feed reader