February 04, 2021
Valentine's Day is a day all about love – but it's also a day to indulge in sweet treats.
Fond in East Passyunk knows that the way into someone's heart is with chocolate, cookies or anything with a lot of sugar.
On Feb. 14, the French restaurant will host a pop-up bake shop with a range of dessert offerings.
• Meyer lemon tart with blackberry glaze and brown butter crumble ($7)
• Chocolate layer cake with dark chocolate buttercream, coconut, passionfruit curd and milk chocolate crisp pearls ($7 per slice or $38 for a whole cake)
• Heart-shaped sugar cookies with vanilla bean-raspberry icing ($4 each or 6 for $20)
• Coconut, caramel, chocolate truffles ($21)
• Pâté de fruit with strawberry-lemon, passionfruit and cassis ($14)
• Cocoa nib hazelnut brittle ($12)
• Peanut brittle ($9)
• Olive bread ($8)
• Walnut cardamom buns with vanilla cream cheese icing ($5)
You can preorder through Feb. 12 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (215) 551-5000 for pickup from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Feb. 14. Limited quantities of bake sale items will be available for walk-in purchase, too.
If you also need dinner for Valentine's Day, Fond has a special takeout menu in honor of the holiday. It's available for preorder through Feb. 12 by emailing or calling. Items include shrimp cocktail (six pieces) with yuzu cocktail sauce ($19); jumbo lump crab salad with apple, white miso and basil ($22); crab cakes with smoked paprika aioli ($24); white bean and sausage soup ($9 per pint); and beef bourguignon ($24 per quart).
In addition, chef Lee Styer will grill at 11th and Tasker streets on Feb. 14 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., serving sausage sandwiches, soup, salads and burgers. There will be to-go cocktails, as well.
Fond is located at 1537 S. 11th St.