May 16, 2018
The Passyunk Square Civic Association announced "Creed II" will be filming in the neighborhood on Thursday and Friday this week.
A bunch of streets will be blocked off and unavailable for parking starting tonight at 8 p.m. and will remain inaccessible until Saturday at 5 a.m. Here they are:
• Both sides of Dickinson Street between South Juniper Street and South Iseminger Street
• East side of South Broad Street between Reed Street and Morris Street
• West side of South Broad Street between Reed Street and Tasker Street
• Both sides of Dickinson Street between South Broad Street and South Juniper Street
• Both sides of South 13th Street between Tasker Street and Wilder Street
• Both sides of Tasker Street between South 12th Street and South 13th Street
“Creed II” is the sequel to the Academy Award-nominated reboot of the “Rocky” series, and is due out in November.
Production for the movie has been underway since April, when cast members were spotted on campus at the University of Pennsylvania and at various locations throughout the city.
A post shared by Sly Stallone (@officialslystallone) on
“Creed II” is directed by Steven Caple Jr. and produced by “Creed” and "Black Panther" director Ryan Coogler. And we know the sequel will bring back Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone.
Here’s a full synopsis of the film:
“Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his family’s past only intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky Balboa is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what’s worth fighting for, and discover that nothing’s more important than family. Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can’t escape your history.”