April 19, 2016
Animal-control officials at the Jersey shore are warning pet owners about potential dangers after a seemingly healthy dog died suddenly after it appeared to have ingested something on a Cape May County beach.
The incident, reported by CBSPhilly, occurred Friday in North Cape May. According to the report, the 2-year-old dog did not go swimming in the water but began vomiting after a walk on the beach and collapsed into a coma. The animal later died.
Shore Animal Control, which serves the area, has issued a warning for pet owners to be alert, to keep their pets on leashes and to watch them closely.
Read the full CBSPhilly report here.