February 05, 2016
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 15 for 15. Real talk.
Your possible answers are:
Anonymous Upper Dublin police officer; Dave Brunelli, Wing Bowl competitor; Jerry Buckley, CEO, PSPCA; Bruce Castor, former Montgomery County district attorney; Twitter account for Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia; Charlie Day, actor, "It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia"; Alexa Drubay, “laughter club” host; Jeffrey D. Dunn, CEO, Sesame Workshop; Rogelio Gonzalez, star, "Saturday Morning Fever"; Glenn Greenwald, lawyer/journalist; Steve Mason, Flyers goalkeeper; Joaquin Oviedo, victim of papal ticket scam; Doug Pederson, Eagles head coach; Joe Schaefer, founder, graffPHL; Mark Squilla, Philadelphia city councilman.
1. “Poop, there it is.”
2. "It appears the gun was misplaced."
3. “G comes up and asks if I was ready to kill five minutes, and it looks like we were.”
4. “This time, we almost killed him. We almost drowned him."
5. “It’s like, holy crap. Obviously, it wasn’t finished. To go back the very next night to finish it – it’s ballsy. It’s crazy how they didn’t get caught.”
6. "If you can get over that mental thing of, ‘Oh, I may look funny,’ that inhibition, and do it because it just feels really good, then you realize the value behind it.”
7. “There are things you want to stay away from. I’ve swallowed bones, cartilage – my teeth.”
8. “I was hopeful I had made Ms. Constand a millionaire.”
9. “We have a 45-year history of being a creative workshop dedicated to breaking new ground."
10. “At the end of the meeting, all present agreed that withdrawing was the best way to end the confusion created by this proposed bill.”
11. “Just as neocons have long sought to exploit ‘anti-Semitism’ accusations as a means of deterring and delegitimizing criticisms of Israel (thus weakening and trivializing the ability to combat that very real menace), Clinton media supporters are cynically exploiting serious and disturbing phenomena and weaponizing them as tools for the Clinton campaign.”
12. “Such a minimal penalty is not much of a deterrent to others who may be inclined toward cruelty.”
13. "He smiled, talked about how good things were. There was never anything negative. He was not a fire and brimstone kind of preacher."
14. “[T]hen you just start developing your talent and you see what happens after that."
15. “Tonight is the night. It is just right for a, uh, dance spotlight and, uh, tonight is finally the night for me to leave my mark on this, uh, dance floor.”