February 19, 2016
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 15 for 15. Real talk.
Your possible answers are:
Bill Brennan, Kathryn Knott’s new attorney; Kim Broadbent, historic preservation planner; Angelo Cataldi, PhillyVoice contributor; Rosalie Esposito, 109-year-old Bucks County woman; Dr. Jenny Graber, pregnant obstetrician who canceled an upcoming trip to Mexico; Jesse Hughes, lead singer, Eagles of Death Metal; Jim Kenney, mayor of Philadelphia; Shana Laura, pregnant Frontier Airlines passenger; Paul Lisicky, writer; Pete Mackanin, Phillies manager; Mark Mannella, CEO of KIPP Charter School; Stephanie Pitcher, Utah Women’s Coalition; Ryan Reynolds, actor; Austin Seraphin, Philly Touch Tours co-founder; Jesse Stearn; "Dancin' on Air" co-host.
1. "Holy frozen s***-slivers, I love this kid. He's the GREATEST. And he needs your help to get well. I've donated to help Connor and I hope you will too."
2. “The only advice I can give is to love one another as families should do, and your friends, too, should be loved and cared for.”
3. “He started out walking behind a trash truck and now has risen to lead the entire Streets Department.”
4. “I think the only way that my mind has been changed is that maybe that until nobody has guns, everybody has to have them.”
5. “If you go to Explore Mode it will tell you ‘Dot 1, Dot 2, Dot 3’ when you drag your finger around, and … it will calibrate the keyboard to where your fingers are at that moment.”
6. “Tomorrow, in the future, our team will consider our options, because we also know that there is a need in Parkside.”
7. “You started feeling like you couldn’t breathe … I was on the verge of hyperventilating.”
8. "Having a period is not a choice for women."
9. “Traditionally -- and I think this is changing -- Philadelphia was an indoor kind of city. But the shore was where Philadelphia got outside.”
10. "I assume it is our first historical property nomination related to Mafia history in Philadelphia.”
11. “I’m the captain of the ship, and I feel like I should be the most positive guy out there.”
12. “There’s no need to wait for an arrest to know LeSean McCoy is already guilty of forgetting that, 20 years ago, he was that kid with the autograph book.”
13. "If I didn't, I knew I'd be anxious the whole time about mosquitoes and not enjoy myself."
14. "Frankly, my client will be out in a few months either way."
15. “I’m going to pee myself. I’m going to pee myself.”