December 02, 2015
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s third weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week. Sure, we had a Black Friday respite from quizzin’, but fun and educational times still lie ahead!
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 11 for 11. Real talk.
And away we go!
Your possible answers are:
Amy Anderson, breast-milk donor; Diane Barnes, sister of crime victim; Tyler Dautrich, co-founder, Greenhouse Ventures; Richard J. Fuschino, attorney; Kathleen Kane, Pennsylvania attorney general; Jimmy Kempski, PhillyVoice Eagles writer; Ed “Santa Claus” Long; Laura Pinto, digital technology professor, University of Ontario Institute of Technology; Karen Schaefer, cancer survivor; Stoya, writer and adult-film actress; T. Milton Street Sr., no description needed.
1. “There truly is a huge opportunity here in the east and in Philadelphia because no one is thinking about the business side of this industry yet.”
2. “'Time to gel' is absolutely not a valid excuse.”
3. “I’ve learned to always look for the blessing in a situation, though it quite possibly is disguised.”
4. “You have to reassure them that it’s not their fault, and Mom and Dad still love one another and they just don’t get along well enough to live together, but they still love you.”
5. “It sounds humorous, but we argue that if a kid is OK with this bureaucratic elf spying on them in their home, it normalizes the idea of surveillance, and in the future, restrictions on our privacy might be more easily accepted.”
6. “I really came in (here) with the thought that I was going to be able to help people.”
7. “I just can’t nod and smile when people bring him up anymore.”
8. “Some may even think that peace which comes from death may be better than suffering like he was. I am here to tell you that my brother truly loved life.”
9. “We've stopped progressing as a society, but have regressed to the 1950s and the 1960s."
10. "The lack of transparency is, in itself, increasingly suspicious."
11. "I'm on my way to Virginia to meet Donald Trump."