April 20, 2016
Welcome to the third installment of PhillyVoice’s “This Week In Philly” Quizzo round feature.
Each Friday, we’ll offer trivia questions from stories we’ve covered over the course of the past week. Sure, the only prize is the personal pride of not scrolling down to the bottom of the story to see the answers before thinking of them yourselves. But that counts for something, doesn’t it?
So with no further ado, here are 10 questions about the people, places, events and more that made the third week of April 2016 special.
1. Name the U.S. Senate candidate who said, on National Weed Day, “let’s make marijuana legal"?
2. Andrew Bailey, a Haddon Heights, New Jersey, native, was named to what local-sports team’s roster this week?
3. What city school was named the 46th best high school in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report?
4. What local school was deemed to have the best undergraduate business program in the nation by Bloomberg?
5. To what team did the Eagles trade their first-, third- and fourth-round picks in 2016 along with their first-round pick in 2017 and second-round pick in 2018 to move up in this month’s draft?
6. How many fiberglass donkeys will be on display throughout Philadelphia during July’s Democratic National Convention?
7. Who scored the game-winning goal for the Philadelphia Flyers against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night?
8. Where did presidential candidate Hillary Clinton address supporters in Philadelphia on Wednesday night?
9. Who scooped cones of ice cream in Rittenhouse Square and Kensington as a show of support for presidential candidate Bernie Sanders this week?
10. The City of Philadelphia's Office of Property Assessment released a map and data regarding the 2017 property tax assessments this week. What percentage of properties saw a decreased rate of taxable value?
Bonus Question (Who said this "Quote of the Week"?): "I thought maybe it would help his nausea but within an hour, he had stopped crying. Within four hours, he was crawling, even laughing ... He didn't puke once after we started giving it to him. The chemo makes you sick. This thing acts as a shield."
10. 1.21 percent
"Quote of the Week" Bonus Question: Brian James Dwyer, of marijuana oil used to help his young son battle an aggressive form of eye cancer.