May 21, 2016
Nnamdi Asomugha is the most embarrassing Eagles jersey to own, according to Steven Ruiz of USA Today, who named the worst jerseys to own for all 32 teams. Asomugha is a decent choice. He was the poster-child of the Dream Team season (well, sort of, if you don't count Vince Young), as he was an extremely high-paid free agent who did not live up to expectations on the field, and ate lunch in his car.
What are some other Eagles jerseys you wish you could un-own? Below is a short list of a few that come to mind. To note, this isn't just a list of crappy players. They had to have had some level of appeal at some point in their Eagles career to make people want their jerseys in the first place.
• Sam Bradford (7): Bradford may not even belong on the list, as I'm not sure if anyone actually owns these. For those who do, hard to rep a guy who just up and left the team because the Eagles drafted a quarterback, especially when he already cashed a $5.5 million signing bonus.
• Jeremy Bloom (11): He was that Olympic skier who the Eagles drafted in the fifth round and then never played. And yes, people actually had these.
• Tim Tebow (11): Tebow had the highest selling jersey on the team last year. I'm not sure if that looks worse for crazy Tebow people, or that the Eagles don't have a player who could out-sell him.
• Riley Cooper (14): No explanation necessary.
• Lorenzo Booker (25): If you bought a Lorenzo Booker jersey after he lit it up in training camp back in the day, that was a bad idea.
• DeMarco Murray (29): Murray complained to the owner of the team on the airplane ride home from the biggest win of the season.
• Byron Maxwell (31): One and done in Philly. He's kind of like mini-Nnamdi.
• Kiko Alonso (50): Even worse if you bought a "Legend of Kiko Alonso" shirt.
• Stewart Bradley (55): Oh, the high hopes people had for Big Stew. And then "Flight Night" happened.
• Freddie Mitchell (84): Imagine how much Freddie would have talked if he were good.
• Jason Babin (93): Biggest jerk I've ever covered. Just a miserable person.
Did I miss any?