June 06, 2016
This year's Fortune 500 list was released Monday and 12 companies with headquarters in the Philadelphia area made the cut.
The 62nd annual list ranked companies in the United States by total revenues in their respective fiscal years.
To make the list, companies needed to haul in at least $5.1 billion in revenue, which South Jersey-based Burlington Stores did to make its debut on the list at No. 500.
Telecommunications giant Comcast was the highest ranked Philadelphia company at No. 37. Aramark (199) and Crown Holdings (321) also made the list.
At No. 12, AmerisourceBergen, a health care company based in Chester County, earned the highest rank in the region.
Here's the full list of the area companies (last year's rank in parentheses):
12. AmerisourceBergen (16), Chesterbrook, Chester County, Pa., $136 billion
37. Comcast (43), Philadelphia, $74.5 billion
101. DuPont (87), Wilmington, Del., $27.9 billion
199. Aramark (207), Philadelphia, $14.3 billion
205. Lincoln National (223), Radnor, Delaware County, Pa., $13.6 billion
290. Universal Health Services (324), King of Prussia, Montgomery County, Pa., $9.8 billion
321. Crown Holdings (318), Philadelphia, $8.8 billion
337. Campbell Soup (342), Camden, N.J., $8.082 billion
384. UGI (349), King of Prussia, Montgomery County, Pa., $6.7 billion
484. Airgas (unranked), Radnor, Delaware County, Pa., $5.3 billion
494. Navient (463), Wilmington, Del. $5.19 billion
500. Burlington Stores (unranked), Burlington, N.J., $5.1 billion