May 01, 2017
Let’s face it. We all have cravings for certain, more indulgent foods from time to time. Simply eliminating those foods altogether may be possible sometimes, but overall, it isn’t a sustainable long-term plan because it sets you up to give into those cravings in a moment of weakness.
Rather than depriving yourself, I am a believer in finding healthier replacements that you can enjoy on a regular basis. To be clear, this doesn’t mean that you should eat larger quantities of the healthier swaps, but it does mean that you can enjoy them more often.
Below are my favorite guilt-free swaps that will leave you feeling both healthy and satisfied:
1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip LaraBars instead of Snickers
2. Dried Fruit instead of gummy candy
3. Zoodles instead of Pasta
4. Sparkling water with Lime instead of soda
5. Banana egg pancakes instead of regular pancakes
6. Root vegetable chips instead of potato chips
7. Cauliflower rice instead of white rice
8. Cauliflower mash instead of mashed potatoes
9. Frozen bananas instead of ice cream
10. Siete Paleo Wraps instead of wheat wraps
11. Nonfat plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
12. Coconut coffee creamer instead of Half & Half
14. Unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk
15. Almond butter instead of peanut butter
• • •
I hope you find these swaps as helpful as I have. I would love to hear about your experiences and any tips you may have. Please feel free to share your ideas here. Follow me for updates @christiemandia.