January 15, 2019
On Saturday, Jan. 26, head to Manayunk for an all-day festival. There will be live ice carving, winter beer gardens, fire pits, a chowder crawl and live music.
For the second year, Founders Brewing Co. has teamed up with Manayunk.com to host the event, called the Philly Freeze-Out.
To enjoy everything the festival has to offer, attendees should make their way down Main Street to three different stops.
• Canal View Park: Hang in the beer garden and enjoy samples from Founders and a DJ. At 2 p.m., there will be an ice carving demo.
• Main and Cotton streets: Enjoy fire pits, an ice carving demo at 1 p.m. and live music from 2 to 4 p.m. This is also the check-in location for the chowder crawl.
• Main and Lock Streets: Founders, Bailey’s Irish Cream and Captain Morgan will be on-hand by the fire pits. Enjoy the drinks while watching an ice carving demo and listening to live music from 1 to 3 p.m. UPDATE: Ice carving demo will now be at 11 a.m., not 1 p.m.
As for the first-ever Manayunk chowder crawl, it will run from noon to 3 p.m. Your ticket, $10 in advance and $15 day-of, gets you a sample from each participating restaurant.
• Bourbon Blue - Andouille & 3 Onion
• Canteen Works - Curry Chicken
• The Couch Tomato - Chipotle Chicken Corn
• Craft Manayunk - Smoked Salmon
• La Roca - Mexican Chicken Corn
• Lucky's Last Chance - New England Style
• Manayunk Brewing Co - New England Style
• Manayunk Tavern - Crab and Corn
• Union Taphouse - New England Clam
• Winnie's - Turkey and Corn
At some of the boutiques and businesses along Main Street there will also be ice sculptures out front and in-store activities. Canteen Works Café will have a build-your-own hot cocoa bar and Latitudes and Longitudes will have a station to personalize pint glasses.
Saturday, Jan. 26
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Main St., Philadelphia, PA 19127