More News:

November 11, 2016

Rowan University student hospitalized after phone charger catches fire in pocket

A Rowan University student was hospitalized after the phone charger in his pocket caught fire, CBSPhilly reports.

The student was reportedly at the university's Chamberlain Student Center at around 8 p.m. on Thursday when the phone charger caught fire.

The student, who wasn't named, was burned on his leg and taken to Kennedy Health for treatment.

CBSPhilly said the fire is thought to have been sparked by a charging phone case that held the phone and was made to charge continuously to extend the phone's battery life.

The make and model of the phone and the charging case are unknown.

Read more at CBSPhilly.