November 03, 2022
The Philadelphia Eagles remain a relatively healthy team, even after Jordan Davis suffered a concerning ankle injury on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Their Week 9 opponent, the Houston Texans, have eight players on their initial injury report (two more have since been added), plus some notable players on injured reserve.
Here's the Eagles-Texans injury report, with analysis.
|DT Jordan Davis||Ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|CB Josiah Scott||Ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
Monday notes (walkthrough only):
• Davis is expected to miss 4-6 weeks, according to initial reporting from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. If that timeframe for return is accurate, the Eagles will likely place Davis on injured reserve, and he would be eligible to return to the active roster Week 13.
• No new updates. Davis and Scott still out of practice.
• Davis and Scott are out.
UPDATE: Davis was placed on IR, #AsExpected.
• DE Derek Barnett (IR): Barnett tore his ACL Week 1 against the Lions, and his season is over. After a 2021 season in which he had 8 penalties vs. 2.5 sacks, Barnett lost his starting job, but remained a depth player poised to get his share of snaps in 2022.
|DT Maliek Collins||Chest||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|WR Nico Collins||Groin||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|LB Neville Hewitt||Hamstring||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|OG Justin McCray||Concussion||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|S Grayland Arnold||Quad||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|OG A.J. Cann||Illness||Limited||Full||Full||-|
|LB Christian Harris||Thigh||Limited||Limited||Full||Questionable|
|S Desmond King||Knee||Limited||Limited||Full||Questionable|
|WR Brandin Cooks||Wrist/Personal||-||DNP||DNP||Questionable|
|DT Roy Lopez||Shoulder||-||Full||-|
Monday notes (walkthrough only):
• The most notable name among the players who didn't practice for the Texans on Monday is probably Nico Collins, a starting wide receiver who has 18 receptions for 305 yards and 0 TDs this season.
• It was expected that Cooks would be traded, but he'll now likely play Thursday night for the Texans after reportedly almost being dealt to the Cowboys.
Two sources directly involved tell me #Cowboys and #Texans discussed a potential trade involving WR Brandin Cooks until the final minutes before the NFL trade deadline expired. Draft pick compensation and the $18M guaranteed salary for Cooks in 2023 could not be resolved in time— Ed Werder (@WerderEdESPN) November 1, 2022
The Eagles are probably better off that the Cowboys were unable to deal for Cooks.
• Nico Collins is out and Cooks is questionable. If Cooks doesn't play, all the Texans have left at receiver is Chris Moore, Phillip Dorsett, and Tyron Johnson. 😬
• The Texans are also banged up at linebacker, with Hewitt out and Harris questionable.
• Tom Pelissero of NFL Network says, "It is difficult to believe that — given that Cooks hasn't been around all week — that's he's going to play in this game, but no final determination on that just yet."
#Texans WR (still) Brandin Cooks’ status is up in the air for tonight’s game against the #Eagles after multiple teams — including the #Rams and #Cowboys — couldn’t pull off a trade before Tuesday’s deadline. @gmfb @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/14ksgLqpAj— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) November 3, 2022
• WR John Metchie (NFI): The Texans released a statement from Metchie this summer that he has been diagnosed with leukemia.
An update from John Metchie lll pic.twitter.com/EH6OupXK42— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) July 24, 2022
Metchie is a rookie second-round pick who was potentially in line for a starting role on a Texans offense that lacks quality receivers. His health is what matters more here, obviously.
• C Justin Britt (NFI): Britt was the Texans' starting center Week 1, but he left the team for personal reasons, and is now on the reserve/non-football illness list. Scott Quessenberry has started at center since.
• DB Tavierre Thomas: Thomas played in all 17 games at slot corner for the Texans in 2021, starting 8. He had high number of tackles (86) for a corner, as well as 2 INTs and a forced fumble. He has not yet played in 2022, but is designated for return from injured reserve.
• DE Jonathan Greenard (IR): Greenard is a third-year player who had 8 sacks and two forced fumbles in 2021. He was off to a decent start in 2022 (9 tackles, 1.5 sacks) in 2022 before landing on injured reserve after Week 4.
• DT Michael Dwumfour (IR): Dwumfour was part of the Texans' defensive line rotation earlier this season, playing 112 snaps in the first four games. He was oddly unproductive, making just two tackles before landing on injured reserve.