February 12, 2016
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
The following quotes come from a wide array of topics, so if you’re looking to get a leg up on the competition (in a contest for which the prize is personal pride), keep reading stories from the worlds of news, entertainment and sports.
The answers are tucked at the bottom of each post (with the context available via hyperlink). We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 13 for 13. Real talk.
Your possible answers are:
Gloria Allred, attorney; Louis Busico, Kathryn Knott defense attorney; Roxanne Covington, Philadelphia Common Pleas Court judge; Rita DeMaria, couples therapist, Council for Relationships; Chuck Formoso, sous chef, High Street on Market; Carrie Hammer, designer; Andrew Haught, #phillyhatecrime victim; Jim Kenney, mayor of Philadelphia; Kathryn Knott, convicted of simple assault; Bill Mauchly, ENIAC computer-museum supporter; LeSean McCoy, NFL running back; Tara Nurin, Forbes.com beverage writer; Tom Wolf, governor of Pennsylvania.
1. "I ask you now for your forgiveness, and I hope that you some day will be able to provide it.”
2. “I made a mistake, but sooner or later, I’ll have my say.”
3. “They were carefree, even as ambulances raced to the scene.”
4. "Until those faces appeared on the news, no one responded – and did so only to save themselves from prosecution."
5. “Before she even set foot in court, she was called the most horrific of things in the media. … There’s an indelible taint that may never be removed.”
6. "A lot of people just think they're too old [to date], but falling in love is timeless."
7. “Thank you for the excuse to go day drinking.”
8. “Being angry isn’t going to solve anything. I don’t like spending time thinking on the past.”
9. "We want people to come from around the country – hopefully from around the world – to come back here for one more spin on their skateboards."
10. “Let me be very, very clear with each of you. We are going to have to stop playing games with our fiscal future."
11. “The clothes are supposed to compliment the women, not the other way around.”
12. “The company is really on the cusp of something quite large, and I’m excited to be a part of it.”
13. “They stepped in to do a job that they didn't understand, that nobody understood.”