December 08, 2015
When the temperature starts to fall, many wish they could jet off to a tropical island and wait out the cold. This December, Bud & Marilyn's is offering something better (no high airfare prices or luggage hassle) with their tiki garden in the heart of Philadelphia. Beginning Wednesday, Dec. 9, through Wednesday, Dec. 23, the holiday pop-up will be open for guests.
Bud & Marilyn's backyard garden, a conjoined space with sister restaurant Little Nonna's, will be completely transformed. Think tropical motif complete with wooden totems and a thatch-roof bamboo bar. Heated lamps and tropical tunes will whisk guests away from Center City to the island of their choice.
A special menu of tiki-inspired food and drink will also be available.
- Scorpion with light rum, brandy, orange juice and orgeat
- Singapore Sling with gin, Cherry Heering, Benedictine, pineapple and lime
- Painkiller with dark rum, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and orange juice
- Pirate Bud’s Tropical Tipple with vodka, rum, Luxardo cherry, apricot, pineapple and raspberry syrup
- Hot Holiday Grog with rum, lime and honey
Additionally, a special Happy Hour Punch ($6) will be offered Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
Beer ($5 to $8):
- Kona Longboard Island Lager
- New Belgium Wheat
- Deschutes Dubbel Ale
Food ($7) will change daily but may include:
- Char Siu Glazed Pork and Pineapple Buns
- Pumpkin Coconut Rice Bowl with mango slaw
- Sweet and Sour Turkey Meatballs
The garden will be cash-only and will not take reservations. Look for signs by the entrance on Locust Street between 13th Street and Camac Street.