November 20, 2016
Philly Eater announced Thursday the website's annual picks for the best in food and drink across the city.
Eater runs local sites that cover the culinary scenes in several cities across the United States and Canada, and each year every site announces winners for five categories: chef, pastry chef, restaurant design, restaurant and local distillery.
No Philly chefs or eateries earned one of the website's national awards (available here). Here are the local winners from Eater Philly, as well as the readers' choice picks for each category (descriptions for why each local winner was picked can be found here):
• Chef of the Year: Konstantinos Pitsillides (Kanella South)
• Restaurant of the Year: Wm. Mulherin’s Sons
• Pastry Chef of the Year: Tova du Plessis (Essen Bakery)
• Restaurant Design of the Year: Harp & Crown
• Local Distillery of the Year: Rowhouse Spirits
• Chef of the Year: Nicholas Elmi (Laurel Restaurant)
• Restaurant of the Year: Saté Kampar
• Pastry Chef of the Year: Jessica Stern (Bakeshop on 20th)
• Restaurant Design of the Year: ROOT
• Local Distillery of the Year: Manatawny Still Works