March 22, 2017
Last summer, we mourned the loss of the Center City F.Y.E. at 100 S. Broad St., which closed after selling CDs, DVDs and pop culture paraphernalia for 10 years.
But the new year means a new retailer for the 30,000-square-foot space inside the Land Title Building. It was reported in October that an A.C. Moore would soon occupy the building, and now we know when the craft goods store will officially open.
A.C. Moore said in a press release Wednesday that the chain's "first urban store" at the Broad and Chestnut location will open April 11.
“We recognized a need in the Philadelphia retail space for a supplier of arts, crafts and home décor – all at competitive prices – and are taking advantage of that opportunity with this incredible new location,” A.C. Moore's chief marketing officer Anthony Piperno said.
The opening will be accompanied by several freebies and discounts for the first week of the store's opening:
• Tuesday, April 11: Free $10 gift cards to the first 500 customers
• Wednesday, April 12: 60 percent off any one regular-priced item
• Thursday, April 13: 55 percent off any one regular-priced item
• Friday, April 14: 15 percent off your entire purchase
• Saturday, April 15: 15 percent off your entire purchase
Just in time to snag some Easter egg paint.