June 16, 2016
Welcome to the latest installment of PhillyVoice’s “This Week in Philly” Quizzo round feature.
Each Friday, we’ll offer trivia questions from stories we’ve covered over the course of the past week. Sure, the only prize is the personal pride of not scrolling down to the bottom of the story to see the answers before thinking of them yourselves. But that counts for something, doesn’t it?
So with no further ado, here are 10 questions about the people, places, events and more that made the past week so special.
1. A Delaware County lawyer claimed the opening riffs of what Led Zeppelin song were actually stolen from an instrumental tune titled “Taurus”?
2. State Rep. Jordan Harris is seeking co-sponsors for potential legislation that would legalize what in Pennsylvania?
3. Funeral services for singer Christina Grimmie will be held today (Friday) in Medford, New Jersey. What TV show did Grimmie, who was tragically slain after a concert in Orlando, appear on and make a name for herself?
4. A man wearing socks on his hands is suspected in two robberies within five days at a Northeast Philadelphia location of what chain?
5. True or false: Replica hitchBOT’s will return to Philadelphia this summer.
6. Local vlogger “Angry Video Game Nerd” got a lot of blowback for publicly stating that he wouldn’t see what soon-to-be-released film?
7. Eagles lineman Fletcher Cox signed a six-year contract extension this week. How much guaranteed money was involved in that signing?
8. Where did Akyra Murray, the 18-year-old Pulse-nightclub shooting victim, recently graduate from high school?
9. What was the final City Council vote on the sugary beverages tax?
10. Who scored the game-winning goal for the U.S. Men’s National Team in its match against Paraguay at the Linc last weekend?
Bonus Question: Who said this ‘Quote of the Week’? “Just got locked in a bathroom at a NJ gas station. Praise the Lord for the attendants w/ the garden shears & the other guy w/ the leg kick.”
3. The Voice
7. $63 million
10. Clint Dempsey
Bonus question: Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz