November 18, 2016
According to the folks at WalletHub.com, more than 60 percent of U.S. consumers don't believe the best deals of the year are found on Black Friday, the day long regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season in this country.
To shed some light on that belief, the personal finance web site performed some in-depth analysis of the best things to buy on Black Friday 2016.
WalletHub determined that more than two in 10 items offer no savings compared with their pre-Black Friday prices.
It studied and compared the “Pre-Black Friday Price” and the “Black Friday Price” of a broad selection of items to identify the offers and products with enough savings to justify wading into the long lines and craziness of shopping on the day after Thanksgiving.
Here is what they found:
(The additional discount for waiting until Black Friday, in parentheses)
1. NordicTrack Elite 3700 Treadmill ($1,000)
2. Dell XPS 13.3'' Touchscreen Laptop ($376)
3. Sony 75'' HD Smart TV ($498)
4. Color Switch Plus Vancouver Fir Tree ($271)
5. Canon Digital SLR Camera ($250)
6. Lifetime Adventure Tower Playset ($930)
7. LG Ultra Large Capacity Dryer ($539)
8. Sauder Executive Desk ($216)
9. XCOM 2 Xbox One ($29)
10. Samsung Refrigerator ($448)
1. Video Games - software only (31 percent)
2. Appliances (18 percent)
3. Furniture (15 percent)
4. Computers and Phones (14 percent)
5. Toys (13 percent)
7. Books, Movies and Music (12 percent)
8. Consumer Packaged Goods (12 percent)
9. Consumer Electronics (11 percent)
10. Apparel & Accessories (7 percent)
11. Jewelry (0.4 percent)
WalletHub.com also found out the top 7 deals by retailer.