September 30, 2016
Philadelphia police has issued the following event-related road closures this weekend:
On Saturday, the Mid-Town Village Merchant’s Association will hold its annual Fall Festival from noon to 8 p.m. Set-up will begin at 3 a.m.
Due to the number of participants involved, police said the following streets will be closed:
• 1200-1300 block of Chestnut Street
• 1200-1300 block of Sansom Street
• 100-200 block of 13th Street
• 1300 Drury St.
• 1300 Chancellor St.
These streets will be closed from 3 a.m. to about 11:59 p.m.
Kelly Drive – from the Strawberry Mansion Bridge to Fountain Green Drive – will be closed on Saturday from 4:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. for the Philadelphia Dragon Boat Festival.
The following detours will be in effect:
• Southbound Kelly Drive traffic will be detoured up the Strawberry Mansion ramp to Fountain Green Drive, via Reservoir Drive.
• Northbound Kelly Drive traffic will be detoured up Fountain Green Drive, along the same route.
Sufficient detour signs will be posted along the detour routes. Delays will be minimal, police said.
On Sunday, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention will hold its annual “Out of the Darkness Community 5K Walk.” It will form at the Art Museum steps and step off at 8:30 a.m. The route will proceed from the steps to the Martin Luther King (M.L.K.) Drive, north on M.L.K. Drive and turnaround just north of the Sweet Briar Cutoff; walkers will turn around and proceed back to the Art Museum.
According to police, 5,000 participants are expected. Due to that high number, the following streets will be closed:
• Eakins Oval: westbound to Spring Garden Street Bridge and into the city from southbound Kelly Drive.
• Kelly Drive: (southbound only, from Fairmount Avenue to Eakins Oval.
The roads will be closed from 6 a.m. to about 1 p.m.
On Sunday, the Pulaski Day Parade will be held about 12:30 p.m. on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The following streets will be closed at 10 a.m.:
• Benjamin Franklin Parkway, 16th to 23rd Streets
• Inner lanes of the Parkway, 20th to Eakins Oval
• Logan Circle
Cross-traffic on all the numbered streets will be permitted, with the exception of 16th and 19th streets. Police advised that delays can be expected all along the parade route.
The parade route will begin east on Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 20th Street, around the south side of Logan Circle to 16th Street. The parade will U-turn and march up the north side of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway to the reviewing stand at Logan Circle. The parade will end at 22nd and Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Dispersal area will be at 22nd & Benjamin Franklin Parkway.