June 14, 2018
Rittenhouse's a.bar will host a party on Sunday, June 24, inspired by Shakespeare's "Midsummer Night's Dream," a comedy where four young lovers find themselves in an enchanted forest full of fairies, magic and mischief.
For the party, a.bar will be decorated with fresh flowers and will serve whimsical cocktails inspired by the play, along with boozy snow cones and cotton candy.
Featured cocktails will include:
• Lysander – White rum with lemon, St. Germain, Gruner Veltliner, honey and crème de violette
• Queen of the Fairies – Gin with Cocchi Americano, yellow Chartreuse, prosecco and St. Germain ice cream
• Lovers & Madmen – Tequila and mezcal with cream, strawberry, egg white and club soda
• What Fools These Mortals Be! – Blackberry cordial with ginger, lime and St. Germain
• Love’s Stories Written in Love’s Richest Books – St. Germain spritz with prosecco and lemon
• Let Me Play the Lion – Blackberry cordial snow cone with St. Germain
Cotton candy will be made and given away as available.
Party guests are also encouraged to find inspiration from "Midsummer Night's Dream" for their outfits. Go for an ethereal, playful, dreamy or romantic look.
The party will take place 6 to 10 p.m. No tickets are needed, just show up ready to drink.
Sunday, June 24
6-10 p.m. | Pay-as-you-go
1737 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19103