October 09, 2016
As we noted earlier this week, with the Philadelphia Eagles coming off their super-early bye week, the Birds enter their Week 5 game in Detroit against the Lions with just one injury to report. That was Bennie Logan, who will play with a calf injury. The Lions, on the other hand, come into this matchup very banged up.
Here are the inactive lists:
• WR Bryce Treggs: It appears the Eagles will roll with four wide receivers, meaning Treggs won't see action unless one gets hurt.
• OL Dillon Gordon: Gordon is a versatile player the Eagles want to develop over time, but he'll be inactive for the foreseeable future.
• OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Doug Pederson said that Vaitai could be an option to start at RT if and when Lane Johnson gets suspended, but for now, he won't even dress.
• OL Isaac Seumalo: Seumalo was at one time thought of as a potential starter at LG once Johnson gets suspended, with Allen Barbre moving from LG to RT. Instead, the Eagles have stated that if they opt to move Barbre to RT, Stefen Wisniewski would fill in at LG.
• OL Josh Andrews: Aaaaaand that makes four offensive linemen who are inactive for the fourth straight game.
• DE Steven Means: This is Means' first inclusion on the inactive list this season, as the Eagles have no injured players for the first time this season.
• S Terrence Brooks: Brooks has appeared in two games so far this season, mainly on special teams. He has no tackles.
• DE Ezekiel Ansah (ankle): Last season, in the Eagles-Lions Thanksgiving massacre, Ansah terrorized Dennis Kelly and the Eagles' offense all game long, with Ansah collecting 3.5 sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. Ansah is arguably the Lions' best player.
• LB DeAndre Levy (knee/quad): Levy was a great player for the Lions in 2013 (when he had six INTs) and 2014 (when he had 151 tackles), but he played just one game in 2015 and one so far in 2016.
• TE Eric Ebron (ankle/knee): Ebron is seventh among NFL tight ends with 210 receiving yards so far this season, and the Lions' second most productive option in the passing game behind Marvin Jones.
• RB Dwayne Washington: The Lions are already without RB Ameer Abdullah, who was placed on injured reserve. Washington has 18 carries for 76 yards (4.2 YPC) and one TD. He was a seventh round pick of the Lions this offseason.
• OG Joe Dahl: Deep depth.
• OT Cornelius Lucas: Ditto.
• DT Stefan Charles: Ditto.
• RB Ameer Abdullah (foot): Abdullah is likely done for the season with a torn ligament in his foot. He was the Lions' starting running back.
• LB Jon Bostic (leg): The Lions traded for Bostic this offseason, and then he was injured during joint practices with the Steelers in training camp.
• TE Brandon Pettigrew (ACL): Pettigrew is the Lions' best blocking tight end. He's out for the season.
• TE Tim Wright (ACL): Wright is a quality pass-catching tight end. With Ebron, Pettigrew, and Wright all out, the Lions are severely under-manned at tight end.
• DE Wallace Gilberry (abdomen): The veteran backup Gilberry is out for the season. The Lions could have used him with Ansah out.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski
Like Jimmy on Facebook.