March 07, 2017
At the NFL Combine, each draft prospect has their own interview with the media, during which they'll often mention teams they have met with, or liked when they were growing up.
To note, each player will meet with a lot slew of teams at the Combine, so don't take too much away from players saying they met with the Eagles. Still, we went through the transcripts of the players' media interviews at the Combine and found the guys who mentioned the Eagles.
• Jamal Adams, S, LSU: “Yesterday I talked to a legend, Brian Dawkins, who I've admired everything about him, and that was the highlight of my week. Just knowing that he already knew about me, saying how passionate I was and how I play the game the right way. That was huge, to hear that from a legend like him.
"I saw him talking to a player. I was leaving, and he was sitting by himself. Something just spoke, like, that's who I admire, my game – he's so passionate about the game, and I had to go seek wisdom, see what he sees. The fact that I went up to him and he already knew who I was, he's already seen some film on me and watched some games, I was honored, I was blown away."
• Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah: “I sat down with the Eagles last night. I'd love to play in Philly. That'd be great.”
• Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado: "In Colorado, we played lot of press-man, and playing for an organization like Philadelphia would be great. I looked up to Brian Dawkins as a kid, he was one of the first players that really inspired me to play football and to be great. So, yeah that would be great."
• Kendell Beckwith, LB, LSU: "I had an informal with the Eagles today. We talked for a nice little while."
• Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU: Jalen Mills was a safety for the most part. When I would move inside he was a guy I loved practicing and competing against every day, just like the rest of our great DBs at LSU. That’s the thing about a school like LSU: you get to practice against NFL guys every day. Jalen Mills was definitely a guy I enjoyed practicing against. He got me better. I got him better also. I was proud to see him competing and playing a lot for the Eagles.
• Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson: “I meet with the Eagles tonight.”
• Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State: "A lot of my family are Eagles fans, being from Philadelphia. Growing up, I followed the Eagles, as well as other teams. In high school, I really became a fan of the game." (He also said he met with the Eagles).
• Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech: "I have (a meeting with the Eagles) tonight."
• Sidney Jones, CB, Washington: “I met with the Eagles. My other meetings have been pretty good. I had about 13.”
• Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee: “Yes. I did meet with the Eagles. I think it was a productive meeting. I enjoyed sitting down with them and talking a little bit.”
• Kevin King, CB, Washington: "I have a formal meeting with (the Eagles) tonight."
• DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame: "I followed the Eagles growing up. A big fan of Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb. My dad is a big Eagles fan, so that’s the team I rooted for growing up."
• Damien Mama, OG, USC: “This week I met with the Browns, Colts and the Vikings. Today I'm meeting with Detroit, the Eagles. I have six interviews now.”
• Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma: "Vikings, Redskins, Eagles, Colts, Panthers, Seahawks, Bengals and Broncos."
• Juju Smith-Schuster, WR, USC: "I can see myself (playing for the Eagles). Carson Wentz, Nelson Agholor, former teammate, and also me, too."
• Teez Tabor, CB, Florida: I haven't met with the Eagles yet. But, no, I'm born and raised in Washington, D.C., know a lot about the NFC East. Favorite team is the Giants, live in D.C., got the 'Skins right there, who hate the Cowboys.
• Mike Williams, WR, Clemson: "That was a great meeting (with the Eagles). Got a chance to talk to Mike Groh. That meeting went great."
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski
Like Jimmy on Facebook.