December 16, 2022
Enrolling in a health insurance plan is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself and your family. The process may seem complicated, but Independence Blue Cross (Independence) makes it easy.
If you live in the Philadelphia area and you’re shopping for an individual health insurance plan, Independence can help if you’re feeling overwhelmed. The company offers easy-to-use tools to compare health insurance plans, get a free quote, and enroll in a health plan for 2023.
Independence offers the widest selection of health plans for 2023, so you can find one that is right for your budget, health needs, and preferences. The company also has the lowest-priced Silver and Bronze health plans in the region.
Many who apply for health insurance are also eligible for financial assistance from the federal government to help pay their monthly premium — also known as a tax credit (or subsidy). Depending on your income, you could qualify for a $0/month or low-cost health plan. Find out if you are eligible for a tax credit using Independence’s online calculator.
Another important part of finding an affordable health insurance plan is making sure you understand the total cost of health insurance. That means figuring out how much it costs to buy the health insurance plan (your monthly premium) — as well as how much it costs to use your coverage (what you’ll pay for out of pocket, including copays and deductibles).
Once you have an idea of what type of health care coverage you need, you can start comparing Independence Blue Cross health insurance plan options.
Get a free health insurance quote by visiting Independence’s plan shopping site. You’ll complete a quick and easy survey and receive your free quote. There’s no obligation to buy the health plan you receive a quote for, and you can price as many plans as you need. When you find a health insurance plan you like, you can start your enrollment right then and there.
Ready to get your free health insurance quote? Get started now!
Once you find the right health insurance plan, use this checklist to make sure you have everything you need to enroll in a 2023 health plan:
• Social Security Numbers of everyone you wish to cover
• Immigration information, if applicable (Lawful Permanent Resident/Green Card documentation)
• Address information
• Birth dates of everyone you wish to cover
• Email address* (needed for primary applicant only)
• Information on tobacco use
• Income information (paystubs or W-2 Forms, Wage and Tax Statements)
• Employer information, including name, address, and phone number
• Policy numbers for any health insurance plans you currently have
• Information from your employer about any job-related health insurance available
• Office name and provider ID number for your primary care physician if choosing an HMO plan (find a doctor here)
• Personal health care needs (for example, how often you visit a doctor or get prescriptions filled and any planned surgeries or hospital stays)
• Budget (how much you can comfortably spend on your health plan)
Remember that the Open Enrollment period for 2023 health care coverage is from November 1, 2022 to January 15, 2023.
Need help determining which plan will work best for you or your family? Call 1-844-891-0700 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.
This content was originally published on IBX Insights.
Paula Sunshine is senior vice president and chief marketing executive at Independence Blue Cross. She oversees all commercial and consumer marketing activities, including digital assets such as ibx.com and the IBX mobile app. Ms. Sunshine earned a bachelor of arts degree in mathematics from Emory University and a master of business administration from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.