April 14, 2022
Philadelphia is seeing its first taste of warm weather and with the return of spring, residents are flocking to the city's outdoor eateries to soak up the sun.
As people anticipate upcoming summer attractions along the Delaware River waterfront, The Garden at Cherry Street Pier is reopening for the season on Saturday, April 16.
The outdoor restaurant is open with a limited weekend schedule through the end of April, from 12 to 10 p.m. Beginning in May, The Garden will be open Monday through Friday from 4 until 10 p.m., Saturdays from 12 to 11 p.m. and Sundays from 12 until 9 p.m.
The all-new menu blends classic Philly flavors with influences from the Mexican city of Puebla. Chef Miguel Angel Hernandez Mota is using the food to honor the city's large Mexican influence.
"You can just taste it when you are eating something that the kitchen has put attention, time, and pride into creating," said Neina Langford, special events director at FCM Hospitality. "We can't wait for guests to come and try this new menu, especially the Birria tacos."
The new menu will feature guacamole, salsa, a variety of salad options and nachos, along with handheld food options.
• Puebladelphia cheesesteak: Brisket, poblano rajas, onion, queso, seeded long roll, chipotle mayo, for $14
• Tacos: Three tacos per order, all served on toasted corn tortillas, from $10-$15. Options include chicken tinga, birria, verduras, carnitas and camarones
• Hamburger: Lettuce, tomato, crispy onion, queso, guacamole, jalapeno relish, on a seeded roll, for $12
• Grilled chicken: Garlic aioli, lettuce, red onion, avocado, queso on a seeded roll, for $11
• La Newyorkina Palettas: Mexican-style juice ice pop with flavors like raspberry mango, pineapple mint, Oaxacan chocolate and coconut, for $5
• Kids menu: Steak tacos, nachos, hamburger, or chicken sandwich, each for $7
The drink menu includes a selection of wines and locally-sourced craft beers, as well as a specialty cocktail menu.
• Adult Hibiscus Lemonade: Infused hibiscus vodka and fresh lemonade
• Hamani Punch: Tequila, soju, St. Germain, green tea, lemon juice
• Bee's Knees: Gin, honey, lemon juice
• RIP Duckboat: Whiskey, peach schnapps, blue curacao, white cranberry juice, lime juice
• Frozen margaritas: $10
• Frozen electric lemonade: $10
• Frozen boozy popsicles: $5
The sprawling, 20,000 square foot space sits at the edge of Cherry Street Pier, with a full view of the waterfront. The garden itself is filled with greenery and flowers and will sport picnic tables, cafe tables and ample bar seating for guests.
Seating is first come, first served. The restaurant is for those ages 21 and older, but those who are younger are able to get in if accompanied by an adult. Pets are always welcome, but must be leashed.
Returns Saturday, April 16, 2022
Weekends through April, daily through summer | Pay-as-you-go
Cherry Street Pier
121 N. Christopher Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19106